Tuesday, April 14, 2009

15 Minute Chocolate Amaretti Torte: TWD


I'm so glad TWD Holly, of Phe/MOM/enon selected this chocolate torte to bake this week. Cakes usually made with ground nuts are tortes and this made a perfect choice for the Passover holiday. The name of the cake really says what it is. 15 minutes! Done.  Quicker to make than to run out and buy. Almonds throughout  Almost fudge-like, like brownies.  Balanced in flavor. Almond and chocolate. The torte's flavor gets its intensity with the crumbled Amaretti di Saronno almond meringue cookies. Those are usually found in Italian specialty stores in bright red tins.  An additional splash of Disaronno liquor was added for good measure.  Almond whipped cream is dolloped on top. Check out  Dorie's  post where she suggests making waffles with the same flavors. 


Bake along with me next week as I select the Four Star Chocolate Bread Pudding, on pages 410 and 411. Upper East Side Chronicle will also be moving to a new site A Baking Blog.
Till then.

11 comments:

vibi said...

Beautiful, Lauren!
I'm glad you enjoyed it! ...it was a great success at our house too!

Jamie said...

I am glad you enjoyed it, I look forward to the bread pudding! :)

Kara said...

Such pretty piping. I like the idea of adding a splash of amaretto as well. I found that the almond flavor is a little less today. I liked it a bit more almond-y!

chocolatechic said...

I love the swirley decorations on your torte.

Heather said...

Beautiful piping. Looking forward to next week's selection.

PheMom said...

I am so glad you loved this pick! I can't wait to make yours for next week! Thanks for baking along with me!

Unknown said...

Your torte looks beautiful! Great job with the decoration.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

looks great--nice piping work! i've already made the bread pudding, and it is fab!

Jin Hooi said...

well done, your torte looks great !!

Leslie said...

Just beautiful! It looks so elegant with the piping!

TeaLady said...

Lauren - your piping makes this torte look very elegant. Restaurant elegant. And looks fudgy moist.